Explorer Hop is a not-for-profit global edu-tech institution from Canada seeking to empower students around the world with Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship.
Make a difference
Join Global Team
Who are we?
Annually, we also host our widely popular “Global Investment Challenge” where students from around the world compete in a simulated stock market challenge with a starting sum of $30,000 to invest. Students must raise their portfolios over the course of 6 weeks to win prizes for the top performing portfolios.
Check It Out
What is the Global Student Apprenticeship Program?
The Global Student Apprenticeship Program is a unique opportunity for motivated students who are going to be future leaders. Through a selective process, high school students join us for a 2-week, 40-hour immersive training program. Students work side-by-side with our global team to complete a rotational internship or volunteer experience. They learn the fundamentals of operations, marketing & sales, business development, graphic design and by working directly with the CEO learn how to build leadership skills.
Who should apply?
- Passionate, hard-working youth who are interested in building a better, more equitable world.
- They should be interested in pursuing Finance, Marketing, Business or Technology in university.
- High School Students between the ages of 14-17 from anywhere in the world.
How does it work?
- The Program is conducted virtually.
- It is free.
- Selection takes place by an internal committee.
Key Skills Required
Positive Attitude & Enthusiasm
Good Communication Skills
What is expected of a Global Apprentice
- Stable internet connection and a device with a working camera and microphone to join daily Zoom meetings.
- Full commitment during the 4-hour working day.
- Positive and professional attitude.
Benefits of the Global Apprenticeship Program
- Unique opportunity to build their resume with a global experience.
- Learn important skills used in the workforce from a variety of departments.
- Opportunity to train with experienced leaders.
- Earn a certificate outlining the skills you learned and appreciating your efforts.
Graphic design workshop
Ads & Analytics workshop
Content creation teams
Cartoon design/animation workshop
Development team and software testing
Social media strategy review
End of program feedback
This can act as a CAS Project or contribute towards your service and creativity CAS hours
This can contribute towards the volunteer hours required
Dates & Times
- The program will run for 2 weeks.
- Students have the opportunity to pick between the following 2-week slots, depending on availability:
- May 31 - June 11
- June 14 - June 25
- June 28 - July 9
- July 12 - July 23
- July 26 - August 6
- August 9 - August 20
August 23 - September 3
- Students will have the opportunity to pick between the following timings:
- Monday-Friday, 3:00 - 7:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time
- Monday-Friday, 8:30 - 11:30 am, Eastern Standard Time